Monday, April 30, 2012

We Are Going to Have So Much Fun!!!

So I found out that this will be my last area. We received changes yesterday and I´m staying and I´m with the same comp, Elder Olsen. We are going to have so much fun. Our goal for the month of May is eight baptisms. We are really excited for that and we can achieve it. All is good in the work, this week we wont baptize but the following week we will. We have a leadership training this week so I will be going to Cuernavaca for two days. That should be fun. I´ll get to see some friends for the last time. I have a feeling that this time will fly by. It always does. I don´t have my flight plans yet. I know that they made them and that I will leave the 13 of June, but the timing, I´m not sure. I probably wont get home till Wednesday night. When is Caity´s graduation, will I be able to make it?

I had an amazing experience last night. We were doing some weekly planning in our apartment when my comp and heard our neighbor yell my name, she´s a member. She asked if we could do her a favor. We said yes of course. One of our converts was over at her house with his brother; they are about the age of me and Caleb. The brother wasn´t a member and he wanted to listen to us. He commented how he had noticed a big change in his brother. We started teaching; we talked about how we are children of God and that He loves us, that we can talk to him through prayer. At the end of the lesson, of about ten mins, we invited him to pray. He prayed then started to cry, the Spirit was overwhelming. Our convert went over and gave his brother a hug. Then his brother asked what he needed to do to be baptized, he now is working toward May 19 to be baptized. I love this! There is no greater joy in the whole wide world.

No comments: